Sunday, October 22, 2017

Flowers for Prim: "Monthly Updates"

I'm a major planner so nearly every thought and moment was thought out in details of having her here with us.  I personally needed to find ways to honor our sweet Primrose and still live out aspects of our life we were planning on having if she was here.

I had planned on creating monthly updates on instagram, just as we had done with her big sister Poppy, so I decided to incorporate this for Primrose as well. Oh how I still wish every 24th of the month was going to produce a different kind of update, but I have found it peaceful to see this date as a day where I can find ways to incorporate her into our lives and focus on how this experience has shaped us. You can expect to find both heartache & pain but also joy, tender mercies, & hope. Every month we miss her, but each month we also get closer to seeing her again <3


One Month of missing you | One Month closer to seeing you again (August 24, 2017)

This isn't the type of "monthly updates" I had planned or the life we thought but we love you just as we imagined.

This month has been hard, but Primrose you've taught us so much. "Families are Forever" has become our mantra. It is something I desperately hold on to and so grateful to know is true. I've always known, but now I feel it. It resonates with me so clearly.

Each 24th of the month we will incorporate "pretty flowers" in some way to feel even closer to you sweetheart. Today we explored a new nursery and Poppy loved pointing out all the flowers that reminded her of you. We looked for Primroses but they were all purchased...they must've been perfect like you. We had the nursery all to ourselves and we smiled feeling you close by. We love you Prim!


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two Months of missing you | Two Months closer to seeing you again (September 24, 2017)


This month has been especially hard as we were likely to bring you home this month and with your due date drawing near. I bought this painting from my favorite artist and amazing friend Sarah from the shop Dandelion Paper Co. as a beautiful remembrance of you and your life. Because my dear, although your life was much much different than we hoped and planned...you still lived!

You lived a beautiful 7.5 months inside my belly in which your dad, me, and Poppy cherished every single moment and kick you gave us (which was a ton, you were soooo active!) Most nights I would lay awake for hours just so I could feel you move because I knew I was the luckiest. Poppy showed you nothing but perfect love...No arguments, no jealousy, nothing bad was ever shown to you during your life. It's so painful to realize how perfect your life was going health wise without complications and how it was taken away with no warning.  You were just too perfect my darling.

There is nothing we wouldn't do to have you here with us, but I'm grateful for my Savior who lives so that we will live with you again someday. Life is so different than we imagined but we've been given tender mercies over and over to give us hope for the future which I'm grateful for. Love you darling Prim <3

1 comment:

  1. Natalie, you have a heart of gold. You are an incredibly strong and inspiring woman!! I love you and your family so much. Thank you for sharing this extremely personal piece of your heart and soul! I always love reading about the special love and bond of your family-- on earth and heaven.

    ReplyDelete